Wednesday, June 8, 2011

And six weeks later...

Worst blogger EVER. I've given you zero material for quite some time. Sorry. Life got in the way and the one time I tried Blogger was down all night. Regardless, here is the follow up to the rest of our Kentucky trip...

Downtown Louisville has really changed since we lived there 5 years ago. There is a lot more activity, especially since the new Yum Center opened. Stephen and I stayed at 21C again, and it was great. We LOVED our dinner at Proof. The menu was totally intimidating, but once we decided to just trust the chef and our hipster waiter, we were good to go. Let's just say I ate fiddlehead ferns for the first time. This hotel and restaurant are interesting. There is definitely a strong sense of luxury, but everything somehow manages to stay low key. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I'm happy when someone greets me with a personal, handwritten note and some chocolate...

Here's our room- refreshingly modern.
And now a tour of downtown in pictures...



KY friends, do these two pictures scream field trip?

I'll be back soon with Sadie's 18 month photoshoot and some things that are making me really happy...Oh, miscellaneous sidenote. Please go to Proof for dinner, but also consider it for breakfast. Their oatmeal is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fact that Stephen and you see the improvements in our lovely city :)
    Just noticed the photo of 621 West Main - I worked at a CPA firm at that location when I was pregnant with you! It was at that time that Bill Murray was filming "Stripes" in the back alley and included my car in the movie + I got his autograph :) Crazy, huh? Please come back for a visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete