Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Month of Music

Hello! We've been out of town (post to follow), so I'm a little behind. All I can say is that the next month is going to be AWESOME. If I were going to try to sound cool, I would try to insert the words "show" instead of concert and "stoked" in this post. Three of our favorites are coming to town...
First-
Friday, April 30 at Kooka Booth. Please join us. They are being backed by a New Orleans Heritage Jazz band. Should be killer. Plus, you support my hometown when you support My Morning Jacket.
Second-
Tuesday, May 4 at Local 506. Again, please join us. Doesn't start until 9:30, so my old, 29 year old self will have to put her party pants on. Which won't be skinny jeans, even though I think that's the dress code at the Local 506. Totally worth it. And it's only like $10.

Third-
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are supposed to be awesome live. There new album is getting a lot of praise. It's retro soul, who doesn't like that? Tuesday, May 11 at Cats Cradle.

Are you listening to these bands? You should be. Please check them out, and please, for pete's sake, join us in our month of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment